Wednesday, December 16, 2009

One more game

Down to the last high school football game of the year for me. I will be in Austin on Saturday for Aledo and Brenham in the 4A DII Championship Game. I have done play-by-play for 18 State Championship football games so this one will be number 19. In fact, I did play-by-play for Brenham's only other title game appearance when they lost to Denton Ryan in 2002. I was the color analyst for the TSN radio broadcast of Aledo's only state championship when they beat Cuero in 1998.

I think both teams are outstanding and it should be a great game. It will be on Fox Sports Southwest Plus live and on TXA 21 at 11pm after the Cowboy game. Watch for #32 for Aledo, Sophomore RB Jonathan Gray. He will be the best player on the field. How many sophomores make 1st Team All-State? This year only one did and it was Gray.

This has been a great year for Southland Conference and High School football. I have been blessed to be a part of both. Looking forward to Christmas and then basketball season starting for me on January 9th with the Southland Conference Television Network. Our first game is in Huntsville between Sam Houston State and Stephen F. Austin. Maybe the Bearkats will have a new football coach by then. Among the finalists for the job I have a fondness for former UNT head coach Darrell Dickey. Jason Phillips, the offensive coordinator at Houston, is also an interesting candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment